Thursday, July 28, 2011

for the tummy

Fruit and Seed Cakes

The picture was terrible and there is no evidence to their existence by now, so the recipe and a firm trust that anything with fruit and nuts inside bread is going to be delicious.  This was our lunch but I am sure that most of you would consider this for breakfast instead.  We are not firm believers in foods only being served according to the society approved meal structure.  As a child I would have rather starved than eat cereal, hot or cold.  So I began eating leftovers, usually cold, as a substitute.  Spaghetti was a huge hit.  So I have passed on my strange meal habits to my children and cora is always first to ask for breakfast for dinner when given the choice.  So enjoy these cakes at whatever meal you see fit. 

Fruit Seed Cakes
1 c flour(whole wheat)
1 T sugar
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 c hemp seeds
1/4 c sunflower seeds
1 egg
1 c milk(almond)
2 T oil(coconut)
1 peach diced
1 banana sliced
1 c blueberries

1.Mix dry ingredients together.
2 mix wet ingredients and add to dry.
3. gently fold fruit into the mix and let sit for 10 minutes. 
4. cook like pancakes and eat while hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment